Spacious & Welcoming Dance Studios in Seattle's Greenwood, Wedgwood, Magnolia Neighborhoods & Shoreline.
And No Snootiness Allowed :)
Dance classes in Seattle's Greenwood, Wedgwood and Magnolia communities & Shoreline, WA and Featuring spacious dance studios for adults, kids and toddlers including Ballet, Hip Hop, KPOP, Shuffle, Jazz, Tap, Modern, Flamenco, Irish and Shuffle Dance. We're a friendly, welcoming dance school. No snootiness allowed :O
Fall Dance Classes
Dance for Everyone!
Our Dance Classes Are Invigorating, & Fun!
Fall Session Starts September 18th
Where Are The American Dance Institute Dance Studios Near Me?
Six spacious dance studios in four locations including Greenwood, Wedgwood, Magnolia, and Shoreline.
NUTCRACKER! Magical Christmas Ballet
November 19th - Paramount Theatre
NUTCRACKER! Magical Christmas Ballet is back!
American Dance Institute will once again be their Seattle host school!
Thank you to all who auditioned!
Performances are November 19th at the Paramount Theatre, Seattle WA.
- Our classes are set up to be weekly lessons and are offered by age group for toddlers age 2.5 -3.5, kids age 3.5-7, children age 8 -11, teens age 11-15, or adults 15+ at various dance skill levels, including pre-beginner dance foundations classes.
- Your enrollment and tuition fee is for the full session season, typically 9-12 weeks.
- You can enroll at anytime during the season for a prorated tuition fee.
- Class punch cards and "drop ins" are available to dancers who can keep up without attending every week.
- We also offer private lessons depending on teacher availability.
- Beginning Level I classes allow for students to start with no experience.
- Our dance classes start at the beginning level and progress throughout the season
- We offer advanced levels in all seasons of classes.
- You can purchase a class card if you are in between levels and our teachers will help you find the right class.
- Teaching dance is done with both teacher modeling and verbal explanations. Warm-up activities help students get ready for class by getting their bodies ready to learn dancing moves safely.
- For beginners to learn how to dance, teachers break down the steps very carefully, repeating steps many times with great patience. The final assembly of these components enables dancers to carry out a whole routine.
If you rather learn at home our Any Day Ballet offers an excellent and popular beginning ballet course.
- For all Creative Dance, Pre-Level and Children’s classes students who are enrolled in our classes we do have a class dress code that must be followed. You can see the class dress codes here.
- We do not expect anyone taking a trial make any purchases.
- It is ok if you do not have attire matching our dress code for the first day of class.
- You can also check our swap box at each of our studios for donated outgrown leotards and shoes.
- Jr/Teen & Adult classes do not have a dress code
We want dancing to be fun for everyone!
If you don't enjoy your class we can help you pick another class, we can also credit you for future classes or give a refund for remaining classes 30 days from your drop date.
Dance Classes That Adults, Teens, Kids & Toddlers Love!
Everyone is welcome!
Expert, gifted teachers who really break things down for you so you'll learn quickly.
Real beginning dance classes that progress in each session.
Every dance studio is spacious and wide open with safe 'Sprung Floors' that protect your feet, ankles and knees.
About Our School
Everyone is Welcome!
For Parents Teens & Kids
For Beginner & Returning Dancers
- The Chayer Family; Steve, Elizabeth (ADI founder), Denny, Andy at Mount Denali National Park, AK.
Dancing actually brought me joy!
“I had no delusions of becoming a prima ballerina starting dance classes as a college student, but I found it such a beautiful, invigorating and fun way to stay in shape, so much more rewarding than going to the gym. Dancing actually brought me joy! ” read more
- Elizabeth Chayer, American Dance Institute-Founder/Director
Recent School Awards
The American Dance Institute, was handpicked as a Top 3 choice for Dance Classes in Seattle, Washington. All of the selections face a rigorous 50-Point Inspection, which includes customer reviews, history, complaints, ratings, satisfaction, trust, cost and general excellence.