Teen Modern Dance Classes
Teen Modern dance classes at American Dance Institute's Seattle dance studio start with a thorough and effective warm-up. This will build your physical strength and stimulate your body's core connections. The warm up is followed by phrase work (choreographed movement) focusing on directional and weight changes, rhythm, and Laban Fundamentals (i.e. time, space, effort, etc.) If you don't know what these terms mean, no worries, we will teach it to you!
Seattle is a mecca for Modern & Contemporary dance and our studio employs many of Seattle's finest teachers. They are exceptionally trained and know how to lead a great class.
You'll progress quickly and safely in your teen modern dance classes under the care of our instructors, unlike at many other schools where the instructor favors the more experienced and long-term students.
Teen Modern Dance Class Demonstration
Instructor: Margaret Behm
Starring Students: Looit, Pearl, Emma, Evelyn, Alandra, and Jaqui.
Summer Classes Begin June 26, 2017
Register by May 24th to receive the early bird discount!
This is Jada, a teen student at American Dance Institute, striking a beautiful dance pose on the scenic shores of Seattle's Green Lake.
Teen Modern Dance Classes Attire:
Wear Black calf-length dance pants or leggings with a fitted t-shirt or tank top, bare feet.
Intermediate Contemporary: Any comfortable dance attire.
Attire is available at Centerstage Capezio, 5261 University NE. (527-4697)
…or many local department stores.
Our instructors have extensive knowledge of and are qualified to teach Modern and Contemporary dance classes.
In 2006, Kara was graduated Suma Cum Laude from the Cornish College of the Arts. At Cornish, Kara performed in works by Sahra Slipper, Deb Wolf, Donald Byrd, Pat Hon, Jose Limon, Martha Graham and others.
"She clearly has high expectations for her students and it's exciting and rewarding to work hard in her classes. She's a lot of fun and does a terrific job." L. Stifler
New to American Dance Institute, Margaret hails from Fort Collins, CO. She earned a BFA in Dance and a Minor in Women & Gender Studies from the University of Colorado Boulder.
Join our mailing list to get new class announcements & helpful dance tips here.
Finding great teen modern & contemporary dance class.
- Look for non-competitive dance classes where everyone is friendly and you will always feel welcome.
- The teacher understands that the pace of the class has to be good for you.
- A dance studio with a special 'sprung' wood floor that 'gives' to protect your feet and ankles. Avoid studios with regular wood floors and heaven forbid, run away from dance studios with hardwood or linoleum over concrete floors.
- Does the school have accommodating school policies like a 100% money back guarantee if you don't like your class for any reason? They should.
- Most importantly look for a school that has expert dance teachers who know how to give you personalized attention so you will progress faster.
We wrote a quick read guide: 10 Top Questions to Ask A Dance School-Before You Give Them Your Money. It's FREE here.