Teen Modern Dance Classes
Teen Contemporary dance classes at American Dance Institute's Seattle dance studio start with a thorough and effective warm-up. This will build your physical strength and stimulate your body's core connections. The warm up is followed by phrase work (choreographed movement) focusing on directional and weight changes, rhythm, and Laban Fundamentals (i.e. time, space, effort, etc.) If you don't know what these terms mean, no worries. We will teach it to you!
Seattle is a mecca for Modern & Contemporary dance and our studio employs many of Seattle's finest teachers. They are exceptionally trained and know how to lead a great class.
You'll progress quickly and safely in your teen modern dance classes under the care of our instructors, unlike at many other schools where the instructor favors the more experienced and long-term students.
Teen Modern Dance
School Year 2018-2019 Class Schedule
Greenwood and Magnolia Locations: September 17, 2018 - June 20, 2019
Shoreline Location: September 11, 2018 - June 13, 2019
Teen Modern Dance Classes Greenwood
Tuesdays, 4:15-5:15PM with Abby Zimmerman, Studio #1
Teen/Adult Modern I
Mondays, 8:00-9:15 with Abby Zimmerman, Studio #2
Teen/Adult Modern II
Tuesdays, 8:00-9:15 with Kara Burrows, Studio #2
Teen/Adult Intermediate Modern
Mondays, 6:15-7:45PM with Rebecca Barney, Studio #1
Wednesdays, 6:15-7:45PM with Rebecca Barney, Studio #1
Teen Modern Dance Classes Magnolia
Junior/Teen Intermediate Modern
Mondays, 6:30-7:45PM with Margaret Behm
Teen Modern Dance Classes Shoreline
Teen/Adult Modern Dance I (ages 15+)
Emily Curtiss, Studio #1
1240 NE 175th St. Shoreline, Washington, 98155
Teen Modern Dance Classes Attire:
Wear Black calf-length dance pants or leggings with a fitted t-shirt or tank top, bare feet.
Intermediate Contemporary: Any comfortable dance attire.
Attire is available at Centerstage Capezio, 5261 University NE. (527-4697)
…or many local department stores.
Our dance instructors have extensive knowledge of and are qualified to teach Modern and Contemporary dance classes.
This is Jada, a teen student at American Dance Institute, striking a beautiful dance pose on the scenic shores of Seattle's Green Lake.
Join our mailing list to get new class announcements & helpful dance tips here.
Finding great teen modern & contemporary dance class.
- Look for non-competitive dance classes where everyone is friendly and you will always feel welcome.
- The teacher understands that the pace of the class has to be good for you.
- A dance studio with a special 'sprung' wood floor that 'gives' to protect your feet and ankles. Avoid studios with regular wood floors and heaven forbid, run away from dance studios with hardwood or linoleum over concrete floors.
- Does the school have accommodating school policies like a 100% money back guarantee if you don't like your class for any reason? They should.
- Most importantly look for a school that has expert dance teachers who know how to give you personalized attention so you will progress faster.
We wrote a quick read guide: 10 Top Questions to Ask A Dance School-Before You Give Them Your Money. It's FREE here.