Teen Modern Dance Classes
Teen Contemporary dance classes at American Dance Institute's Seattle dance studio start with a thorough and effective warm-up. This will build your physical strength and stimulate your body's core connections. The warm up is followed by phrase work (choreographed movement) focusing on directional and weight changes, rhythm, and Laban Fundamentals (i.e. time, space, effort, etc.) If you don't know what these terms mean, no worries. We will teach it to you!
Seattle is a mecca for Modern & Contemporary dance and our studio employs many of Seattle's finest teachers. They are exceptionally trained and know how to lead a great class.
You'll progress quickly and safely in your teen modern dance classes under the care of our instructors, unlike at many other schools where the instructor favors the more experienced and long-term students.
Teen Modern Dance Winter/Spring 2018 Class Schedule
Greenwood and Magnolia Winter/Spring 2018 Sessions run February 5 - June 17, 2018. Shoreline session runs January 8 - June 17, 2018
Teen Modern Dance Classes
Junior/Teen Modern I
- Tuesday 4:15-5:15 with Abby Zimmerman, Studio #1
Teen/Adult Modern I & II
Sunday 12:30-1:45 with Abby Zimmerman, Studio #2
Teen/Adult Modern II
Tuesday 8:00-9:15 with Kara Burrows, Studio #1
Teen/Adult Intermediate Modern
Monday 6:15-7:45 pm with Rebecca Barney, Studio #1
- Wednesday 6:15-7:45 pm with Rebecca Barney, Studio #1
NEW! Shoreline Modern Dance Studio
Junior/Teen Beginning Modern Dance (ages 11-14)
Emily Curtiss, Studio #1
Teen/Adult Beginning Modern Dance (ages 11-14)
Maia Nowack, Studio #1
1240 NE 175th St. Shoreline, Washington, 98155
Teen Modern Dance Classes Attire:
Wear Black calf-length dance pants or leggings with a fitted t-shirt or tank top, bare feet.
Intermediate Contemporary: Any comfortable dance attire.
Attire is available at Centerstage Capezio, 5261 University NE. (527-4697)
…or many local department stores.
Our dance instructors have extensive knowledge of and are qualified to teach Modern and Contemporary dance classes.
This is Jada, a teen student at American Dance Institute, striking a beautiful dance pose on the scenic shores of Seattle's Green Lake.
Join our mailing list to get new class announcements & helpful dance tips here.
Finding great teen modern & contemporary dance class.
- Look for non-competitive dance classes where everyone is friendly and you will always feel welcome.
- The teacher understands that the pace of the class has to be good for you.
- A dance studio with a special 'sprung' wood floor that 'gives' to protect your feet and ankles. Avoid studios with regular wood floors and heaven forbid, run away from dance studios with hardwood or linoleum over concrete floors.
- Does the school have accommodating school policies like a 100% money back guarantee if you don't like your class for any reason? They should.
- Most importantly look for a school that has expert dance teachers who know how to give you personalized attention so you will progress faster.
We wrote a quick read guide: 10 Top Questions to Ask A Dance School-Before You Give Them Your Money. It's FREE here.