Ballet For Kids: In addition to the ballet for kids class offerings on this page, American Dance Institute offers a comprehensive selection of adult ballet classes, ballet & tap dance classes for ages 5-7, ballet classes for ages 8-10, ballet classes for for ages 11-14, and Teen ballet classes.
Ballet For Kids Ages 5-7
Ballet For Kids Dance Class Schedules
September 16, 2019 - February 9, 2020
Ballet for Kids in Greenwood
Ballet for Kids in Magnolia
Ballet for Kids in Shoreline
Dress Code: Pre-Ballet Class Attire
Three Convenient Studio Locations
1240 NE 175th Street, Shoreline, WA 98155
8001 Greenwood Ave North, Seattle, WA 98103
3116 West Smith Street, Seattle WA 98199
Our Shoreline dance school dance studios 1 and 2 are located very close to the corner of NE 175th Street and 15th Ave Northwest, in the North City neighborhood. Enter the 2nd floor dance studio by the door nestled in the middle of this L shaped building.
Our Greenwood dance school dance studios 1 and 2 are located at the corner of 80th and Greenwood Ave North, catercorner to Diva Espresso. Our office is in the back of the building as are the studio entrances. If you are new, check in at the office and say hello!
Our Magnolia dance school dance studio is located at the corner of 32nd and West Smith Street, across the street from Rite Aid. There is lots of street parking. Enter the 2nd floor dance studio by the side alley door.
Kid's Ballet: Meet Your Teachers
"Just as in the best schools, the quality of the dance school teacher makes all the difference to your child's experience." Elizabeth Chayer
Listen for us on
Check out Seattle's exciting new start up that's better than Google Reviews!
How to Recognize An Excellent Kid's Ballet Class
- Children, ages 5-7, should not start formal ballet training until they are nearing eight years of age. Little 5-7 year old bodies are not ready for the strenuous demands of formal ballet training. Your child can start building a ballet foundation in our pre-ballet classes.
- Look for a non-competitive ballet school. Competitive ballet schools have their place but not with very young children. Little kids are not ready for competition. At our non-competitive school students, staff, and parents are friendly, less stressed, and more relaxed.
- Find a class where the teacher understands that the pace of the class has to be good for your child. Look for a dance studio with 'sprung' floors that 'give' to protect little feet and ankles.
- Seek out ballet dance schools with accommodating customer policies like a guaranteed credit if you don't like your class for any reason.
- And look for a school that has expert ballet teachers who will give your child personalized attention so they will progress quickly and safely.
Join our mailing list to get new class announcements & helpful dance tips here.