Ballet For Kids: In addition to the ballet for kids class offerings on this page, American Dance Institute offers a comprehensive selection of adult ballet classes, ballet & tap dance classes for ages 5-7, ballet classes for ages 8-10, ballet classes for for ages 11-14, and Teen ballet classes.
Ballet For Kids Ages 5-7
The Importance Of Teaching via Ballet Syllabus
Ballet is a journey. As ballet students progress in their training, their bodies grow stronger, muscle memory improves, and their confidence grows.
This combination of benefits allows them to continuously build on the skills and choreography learned in earlier classes. It is critical that they not be taught new positions and steps before their bodies are ready for the challenges those steps demand.
As your child progresses, they may be assigned a new teacher. You will want that teacher to continue with the same syllabus and not change with every new teacher. That results in inconsistent, haphazard student progression and it can be risky if they don't have the proper foundation to build on.
This is why a carefully developed syllabus is so important. Your child's physical health, safety, and progress is consistent, safe and seamless over many years. Their confidence and self image grows as well and who doesn't want a confident child with a healthy self image? :)
Summer Pre-Ballet Schedule
Summer Class Schedule
June 29 - August 30
Ballet for Kids in Greenwood
We are not currently offering classes at our Greenwood Location
Classes Online - All Locations Welcome
Ballet for Kids in Magnolia
Ballet for Kids in Wedgwood
We are not currently offering classes at our Wedgwood Location
Ballet for Kids in Shoreline
Our State Of The Art Live Streaming Technology.
The Quality Online Class Room Experience - At Home.
Dress Code: Pre-Ballet Class Attire
Four Convenient Studio Locations
Our In-Studio Classes Are Temporaily Closed To Stop The Spread Of Coronavirus
1240 NE 175th Street, Shoreline, WA 98155
8001 Greenwood Ave North, Seattle, WA 98103
3116 West Smith Street, Seattle WA 98199
NE 7500 25th NE, Suite 1, Seattle, WA 98115
Our Shoreline dance school dance studios 1 and 2 are located very close to the corner of NE 175th Street and 15th Ave Northwest, in the North City neighborhood. Enter the 2nd floor dance studio by the door nestled in the middle of this L shaped building.
Our Greenwood dance school dance studios 1 and 2 are located at the corner of 80th and Greenwood Ave North, catercorner to Diva Espresso. Our office is in the back of the building as are the studio entrances. If you are new, check in at the office and say hello!
Our Magnolia dance school dance studio is located at the corner of 32nd and West Smith Street, across the street from Rite Aid. There is lots of street parking. Enter the 2nd floor dance studio by the side alley door.
Our Wedgwood dance school dance studio is located at the corner of NE 75th and 25th NE across the street from Shell station, and just 1/2 block from Dahl Playfield. There is some parking lot and plenty of street parking. Hoping to open June/July 2020.
Kid's Ballet: Meet Your Teachers
"Just as in the best schools, the quality of the dance school teacher makes all the difference to your child's experience." Elizabeth Chayer
Fresh Chalk readers have declared American Dance Institute the Best Seattle Dance Classes.
Check out Fresh Chalk, Seattle's exciting new start up that's better than Google Reviews!
How to Recognize An Excellent Kid's Ballet Class
- Children should not start formal ballet training until they are nearing eight years of age. Little 5-7 year old bodies are not ready for the strenuous demands of formal ballet training. Your child can start building a ballet foundation in our pre-ballet classes.
- Look for a non-competitive ballet school. Competitive ballet schools have their place, but not with very young children. At our non-competitive school students, staff, and parents are friendly, less stressed, and more relaxed.
- Find a class where the teacher understands that the pace of the class has to be good for your child. Look for a dance studio with 'sprung' floors that give to protect little feet and ankles.
- Seek out ballet dance schools with accommodating customer policies like a guaranteed credit if you don't like your class for any reason.
- And look for a school that has expert ballet teachers who will give your child personalized attention so they will progress quickly and safely.
Join our mailing list to get new class announcements & helpful dance tips here.