Ballet For Kids: In addition to the ballet for kids class offerings on this page, American Dance Institute offers a comprehensive selection of adult ballet classes, ballet & tap dance classes for ages 5-7, ballet classes for ages 8-10, ballet classes for for ages 11-14, and Teen ballet classes.
Ballet For Kids Ages 5-7
The Importance Of Teaching via Ballet Syllabus
Ballet is a journey. As ballet students progress in their training, their bodies grow stronger, muscle memory improves, and their confidence grows.
This combination of benefits allows them to continuously build on the skills and choreography learned in earlier classes. It is critical that they not be taught new positions and steps before their bodies are ready for the challenges those steps demand.
As your child progresses, they may be assigned a new teacher. You will want that teacher to continue with the same syllabus and not change with every new teacher. That results in inconsistent, haphazard student progression and it can be risky if they don't have the proper foundation to build on.
This is why a carefully developed syllabus is so important. Your child's physical health, safety, and progress is consistent, safe and seamless over many years. Their confidence and self image grows as well and who doesn't want a confident child with a healthy self image? :)
Pre-Ballet Class Schedule
Fall 2021 Class Schedule
September 13th - February 6th, 2022
Ballet for Kids in Greenwood
Ballet for Kids in Magnolia
Ballet for Kids in Wedgwood
Ballet for Kids in Shoreline
Six Seattle Area Dance Studios In Four Convenient Locations
Our State Of The Art On Line Technology.
The Quality Online Class Room Experience - At Home
We asked Dennis Landmesser, how he liked his live streamed online dance class today with instructor Dakota Crist.
The dance class today with Dakota was more than I could have hoped to expect. I don't know what to rave about more, the quality of the production or the excellence to the class.
Dakota thought to ask at the start of class if there were any injuries which was especially meaningful to me today because I have a sore knee.
Her instructions were clear and complete and made perfect sense. The corrections were thoughtful and meaningful. Dakota is golden and to be highly valued.
Since March, I've suffered through six months of ZOOM frustrations. ADI has excelled in solving that misery. I could have been watching a high definition Blu-ray with Dolby sound.
Thanks for asking,
Dress Code: Pre-Ballet Class Attire
Kid's Ballet: Meet Your Teachers
"Just as in the best schools, the quality of the dance school teacher makes all the difference to your child's experience." Elizabeth Chayer
How to Recognize An Excellent Kid's Ballet Class
- Children should not start formal ballet training until they are nearing eight years of age. Little 5-7 year old bodies are not ready for the strenuous demands of formal ballet training. Your child can start building a ballet foundation in our pre-ballet classes.
- Look for a non-competitive ballet school. Competitive ballet schools have their place, but not with very young children. At our non-competitive school students, staff, and parents are friendly, less stressed, and more relaxed.
- Find a class where the teacher understands that the pace of the class has to be good for your child. Look for a dance studio with 'sprung' floors that give to protect little feet and ankles.
- Seek out ballet dance schools with accommodating customer policies like a guaranteed credit if you don't like your class for any reason.
- And look for a school that has expert ballet teachers who will give your child personalized attention so they will progress quickly and safely.
Join our mailing list to get new class announcements & helpful dance tips here.