Adult Irish Dance
Adult Irish Dancing: Non-Competitive and fun. See the video of these Irish dancers below.
Non-Competitive Irish Dancing Lessons For Adults
Watch this short 30-second video of our intermediate level Irish dance students. Are they perfect? Some yes, but everyone in this Irish dance class looks really good and they're all having fun. As the Irish say; Gurb é an bealach ba chóir é a bheith! (The way it ought to be!)
Irish Dance Fall 2018 Class Schedule
Greenwood and Magnolia: September 17, 2018 - February 10, 2019
Shoreline: September 11, 2018 - February 3, 2019
The Irish Dance classes are offered only at Greenwood studios.
Irish Dance Classes in Greenwood
Beginning Irish Dance
Wednesdays, 8:00-9:00PM with Janelle Jones in Studio #2
Intermediate/Advanced Irish Dance
Wednesdays, 7:00-8:00PM with Janelle Jones in Studio #2
Irish Dance Classes In Magnolia
We are not currently offering Adult Irish dance lessons at our Magnolia location. Please see Greenwood schedule.
Irish Dancing Classes: The most inspirational of all
Irish dancing is fun, energetic and highly aerobic. It’s also one of the most beautiful and inspiring dance styles on earth. We’ll get you started in this wonderful Irish tradition that mesmerized the world through the River Dance performances. Beginning level students will learn the basic jig and reel steps and put them together into simple solo and ceili (group) dances. Intermediate level students will include more complicated patterning and preparations for hard shoe.
Comfortable dance attire and Ghillies for ladies, jazz shoe for men.
Irish Dance: Adults and kids performing at a recent Artwalk festival at our dance studios in Greenwood.
Irish dance classes: Having fun! Come, take a fun, non-competitive Irish step dance class at American Dance Institute in Seattle's Greenwood studio. It's a great way to have fun and keep fit. American Dance Institute Greenwood, Janelle Jones, Irish Dance Instructor
Meet Your Irish Dance Teacher
"Just as in all excellent schools, the quality of the teacher makes all the difference."
Elizabeth Coyle Chayer
"Janelle is a wonderful instructor and caters to all of the experience levels in the class. She makes you feel at ease and that Irish dance is meant to be enjoyable. I had so much fun." Jennifer M.
What to look for in an Irish dancing class!
- Look for non-competitive Irish dance classes where everyone is friendly and you'll always feel welcome.
- You'll want an Irish dancing class where the teacher understands that the pace of the class has to be good for you.
- Insist on a dance studio with specially designed 'sprung' wood floors that 'give' to protect your feet and ankles. Avoid studios with regular wood floors and heaven forbid, run away from dance studios with concrete floors.
- Patronize schools with accommodating school policies like a 100% money back guarantee if you don't like your class for any reason.
- Most importantly look for a school that has expert dance teachers who know how to give you personalized attention ad you'll learn faster.
We wrote a quick read guide: 10 Top Questions to Ask A Dance School-Before You Give Them Your Money. It's FREE here.
What do adult students say about this school?
Besides Irish Dancing classes, we offer several other dance classes for adults including Ballet, Jazz, Contemporary, Irish, Flamenco, and Tap. Read a summary description of these classes on our Adult Dance Program page.
Join our mailing list to get new class announcements & helpful dance tips here.