Ballet class students are shown above executing a
Ballet Classes For Adults: An Overview
"ballet classes for adults... wonderful"
Denise S. Wrote in a Google Review: "American Dance Institute has wonderful ballet classes for adults. I danced here off and on for several years and every class I took was excellent. The staff is super friendly and professional but approachable. I started out a beginner and felt welcome from day one. I was out of shape, believe me, but still felt loved and accepted by all. I moved out of the neighborhood to a new job in a new town and I miss ADI. Come to San Francisco!"
On Sale Now For Only $25 ea Reg $40
Hurry, limited quantities for the holiday season.
Ballet School: Where is this Seattle ballet school?
Excellent ballet classes for adults are only two feet away...
Ballet Class Notes
Adult Beginning Ballet Classes
Ladies Attire: Black leotard (any style) and pink tights recommended. Alternately, students may wear black leggings with form fitting top; pink ballet slippers. Hair pulled back in a bun or ponytail.
Gents: Black tights or dance pants, white T-shirt, black or white ballet slippers.
Adult Intermediate Ballet Classes
Attire: Any comfortable dance attire is acceptable.
Attire Available at Center Stage Capezio 5261 University Way NE, Seattle WA 98115 (527-4697)
Class Meeting Frequency
Adult Ballet: While we recommend taking classes twice or more a week to facilitate progress, we can accommodate you in just one class if that is what works best for you. Mixing dance styles will also give you excellent cross-training (i.e. 2 Ballet classes and a Contemporary class, etc.) and you'll see results much faster. However, if time or budget restraints mean taking only one class per week, then we will help you make the most of your class.
Pointe Class Note: Students must take at least 2 ballet technique classes per week in addition to the pointe class to be eligible pointe.
What does an excellent ballet school look like?
ADI's ballet classes for adults cater to new-beginning, intermediate and advanced ballet students. Come learn, dance and experience the joy that only dancers know.
- It has non-competitive ballet classes where everyone competes with themselves and not fellow students. No competition makes for friendly teachers and classmates so you will always feel welcome and accepted.
- It's a ballet class where the teacher understands that the pace of the class has to be good for you and knows how to balance that pace for everyone.
- Dance studios have 'sprung' wood floors that 'give' to protect knees, feet, and ankles. Run away from studios with padding & hardwood over concrete. The standard padding inserted between concrete and hardwood does not 'give' enough to protect dancer's feet. And heaven
forbid, run, run away from dance studios with just concrete or linoleum on floors. Ignoring this advice can result in serious early injury to knees, ankles, and feet.
- A school with accommodating school policies, like a 100% money back guarantee if you don't like your class for any reason, your health or schedule changes unexpectedly.
- Expert dance teachers who know how to give you personalized attention so you can learn faster and progress further.
What do adult Ballet students say about these Ballet classes?
Besides adult ballet classes, we offer classes for adults including Hip Hop, Jazz, Contemporary, Flamenco, and Tap. Read a summary about there classes on our Adult Dance Program page.
American Dance Institute Adult Ballet Students in Ballet Studio #1
Great ballet training without judgement or pretentiousness.
"When I moved to Seattle, ADI was immediately inviting, open, and welcoming in every way. The studios, directorship, and staff offer a home for great training without judgement or pretentiousness"
Deena & Ariel in
American Dance Institute Students Sofia & Deena performing for Greenwood-Phinney Art Walk.