Ballet class students are shown above executing a soutenu a-la-seconde, as they warm up for the evening's Greenwood-Phinney Art Walk performances. Are there ballet classes near me, is not the only question to ask yourself when considering dance schools. Also ask, who has the best ballet classes for adults?
In addition to the ballet class offerings on this page, American Dance Institute offers a comprehensive selection of children's ballet classes for ages 5-7, for ages 8-10, kid's ballet classes for ages 11-14, and ballet lessons for Teenagers.
Ballet Classes For Adults: An Overview
"ballet classes for adults...wonderful"
Denise S. Wrote in a Google Review: "American Dance Institute has wonderful ballet classes for adults. I danced here off and on for several years and every class I took was excellent. The staff is super friendly and professional but approachable. I started out a beginner and felt welcome from day one. I was out of shape, believe me, but still felt loved and accepted by all. I moved out of the neighborhood to a new job in a new town and I miss ADI. Come to San Francisco!"
Adult Ballet Classes Schedule
Greenwood & Magnolia Session began September 18, 2017
Find an adult ballet class that fits your schedule or change your schedule to a new class.
Adult Ballet Classes Greenwood
Mondays, 7:45-9:15 pm, Rebecca Barney, Studio #1
Wednesdays, 11:30 am-1:00 pm, Jenn Taranto, Studio #2
Wednesdays, 7:45-9:15 pm, Rebecca Barney, Studio #1
Sundays, 11:15 am-12:30 pm, Alyssa Brillinger, Studio #2
Ballet Classes For Adults Greenwood
Tuesdays, 7:45-9:15 pm, Maia Nowack, Studio #2
Thursdays, 8:00-9:15 pm, Alyssa Brillinger, Studio #2
Sundays, 12:00-1:30 pm, Jenn Taranto, Studio #1
Ballet Classes Greenwood
Tuesdays, 6:30-8:00 pm, Instructor Kara Burrows, Studio #1
Thursdays, 6:30-8:00 pm, Instructor Kara Burrows, Studio #1
Saturdays, 10:45 am-12:15 pm, Instructor Amy Beck, Studio #1
Pointe Classes Greenwood
(Must take at least 2 technique classes weekly in addition to the pointe class and have instructor approval to go on pointe.)
Saturday, 12:15-1:15 pm, Instructor Abby Zimmerman, Studio #1
Thursday, 8:00-9:00 pm, Instructor: Kara Burrows, Studio #1
Ballet Classes For Adults Magnolia
Thursdays, 6:45-8:00 pm, Margaret Behm
Mondays, 7:15-8:30 pm, Amy Beck
NEW! Shoreline Studio
Offering Adult Ballet Classes
Beginner & Intermediate Levels
Opening in January 2018!
1240 NE 175th St. Shoreline, Washington, 98155
Drop In Classes
Greenwood Studio: No Class Card? No Problem. Drop-in on any open Adult Intermediate or Advanced class at any time for only $21!
Magnolia Studio: Sorry, we do not offer drop-ins for adult classes in Magnolia. Until we have a solid number of full time students, we require full session registration.
Ballet School: Where is this Seattle ballet school?
Excellent ballet classes for adults are only two feet away...
Ballet Class Notes
What does an excellent ballet school look like?
ADI's ballet classes for adults cater to new-beginning, intermediate and advanced ballet students. Come learn, dance and experience the joy that only dancers know.
- It has non-competitive ballet classes where everyone competes with themselves and not fellow students. No competition makes for friendly teachers and classmates so you will always feel welcome and accepted.
- It's a ballet class where the teacher understands that the pace of the class has to be good for you and knows how to balance that pace for everyone.
- Dance studios have 'sprung' wood floors that 'give' to protect knees, feet, and ankles. Run away from studios with padding & hardwood over concrete. The standard padding inserted between concrete and hardwood does not 'give' enough to protect dancer's feet. And heaven forbid, run, run away from dance studios with just concrete or linoleum on floors. Ignoring this advice can result in serious early injury to knees, ankles, and feet.
- A school with accommodating school policies, like a 100% money back guarantee if you don't like your class for any reason, your health or schedule changes unexpectedly.
- Expert dance teachers who know how to give you personalized attention so you can learn faster and progress further.
What do adult Ballet students say about these Ballet classes?
Besides adult ballet classes, we offer classes for adults including Hip Hop, Jazz, Contemporary, Flamenco, and Tap. Read a summary about there classes on our Adult Dance Program page.
American Dance Institute Adult Ballet Students in Ballet Studio #1
Great ballet training without judgement or pretentiousness.
"When I moved to Seattle, ADI was immediately inviting, open, and welcoming in every way. The studios, directorship, and staff offer a home for great training without judgement or pretentiousness."
Deena & Ariel in an Greenwood-Phinney Art Walk performance.
American Dance Institute Students Sofia & Deena performing for Greenwood-Phinney Art Walk.
Adult Ballet Class Ratings
- Fun & Invogorating
- Great Teachers
- Personalized attention
- Consistently Excellent Dance Instruction