American Dance’s Institute’s COVID-19 Guidelines
Employees, dancers, and parents visiting ADI should:
- Maintain minimum six-foot separation between other people in all interactions.
- Wear a face mask unless alone in the office or studio.
- Wash hands or use hand sanitizer at the beginning of every shift or class.
- All should bring water bottles from home and drinking fountains should be used to refill bottles. No one should drink directly from fountains.
- Parents should drop off and pick up dancers outside the studio.
- When students are present, doors and windows should remain open for the duration of the class. Ceiling fans should be on.
ADI Will Provide
- Disinfecting supplies
- PPE (Face masks and gloves can be found in the office, but students are encouraged to bring their own.)
- Hand sanitizer
- Antibacterial soap and hand washing station
ADI Staff Disinfecting Requirements
- Cleaning staff and office staff will clean and disinfect bathrooms, doorknobs, and high-touch areas in waiting room every day or multiple times throughout the day depending on volume of classes.
- Teachers should wipe down all touched surfaces (barres, fans, mouse, etc.) after their shift or between classes if they have students in the studio with them. Office admins are available to assist.
- Office staff should wipe down all touched surfaces (keyboard, mouse, light switches, etc.) after their shift.
Screening of Staff and Visitors
All employees and visitors who enter ADI should be asked the following questions at the beginning of every shift/class/visit. Staff should take their temperature before arriving at work. Any with a temperature over 100.4°F is considered to have a fever and should not come to work. Fill out form?
- Have you had contact with anyone that you know has been diagnosed with COVID-19? Contact is defined as being within 6 feet for more than 15 minutes with a person or having direct contact with infectious fluids from a person with confirmed COVID-19 (for example being coughed or sneezed on).
- Have you had a positive-COVID test for active virus in the past 10 days?
- Do you have of these symptoms that you cannot attribute to another condition?
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- Recent onset of loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Nausea or vomiting
If an employee or student answers “yes” to any of these questions:
- They should enter the studio or office.
- should immediately separate the employee or visitor from other people and arrange transport for home.
- Admin should strongly recommend timely testing. If they had close contact with a person with COVID-19, employees should be tested no sooner than 48 hours after exposure.
- Employee or visitor should not return to ADI for work or class until they have completed their quarantine or isolation period.
- The area where the person worked, and all surfaces touched by the person should be immediately disinfected.
- If a staff member or trainer is confirmed to have COVID-19, facility owners should inform staff and trainers of their possible exposure but maintain confidentiality as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act. The facility owner should instruct employees and trainers how to proceed based on the CDC Public Health Recommendations for Community-related Exposure.