Children's modern classes dance students performing in a Greenwood Phinney Art Walk event.
Children's Modern Dance Classes
- Children's Modern Dance Classes: Each dance class starts with a thorough warm-up to build strength and stimulate core connections and body awareness.
- The warm up is followed by phrase work focusing on directional and weight changes, rhythm, and Laban Fundamentals (i.e. time, space, effort, etc.) and finishes with some great innovative choreography to keep their minds and body in tip-top shape.
- Your child will become more self-confident in their ability to create and more comfortable expressing ideas, a key leadership skill.
- They'll experience an overall sense of fluidity, strength, and confidence in their everyday movement. Expand their movement vocabulary, sweat, laugh and have fun!
Kid's Modern Dance Class Attire
Kid's Modern Class Attire: Black calf-length dance pants or leggings with fitted t-shirt or tank top, bare feet.
Attire is available at Centerstage Capezio 5261 University NE (527-4697) or many local department stores.
Meet Your Children's Modern Dance Classes Teachers
"Just as in the best schools, the quality of the dance instructor makes all the difference."
Rebecca has been teaching dance at American Dance Institute since 2010. She was graduated Cornish College of the Arts with a Bachelor Fine Arts degree.
"For kids and adults alike, Rebecca is a creative, engaged, inspiring instructor. She clearly has high expectations for her students and it's exciting and rewarding to work hard in her classes. She's a lot of fun and does a terrific job." Lisa. S
Emilee Hope Putsche
Emilee Hope Putsche attended the San Francisco Conservatory of Dance and trained in Vaganova ballet and a variety of other techniques, including character dance, modern, jazz, and flamenco at the International School of Classical Ballet for over a decade.
Originally from Fort Collins, CO, Margaret holds a BFA in Dance and a Minor in Women & Gender Studies from the University of Colorado Boulder. She has been a member of Louder than Words Dancetheatre in Denver, CO and most recently with Keshet Dance Company in Albuquerque, NM.
Maia grew up dancing in Seattle, then went to Northwestern University in Evanston where she graduated suma cum laude with a Bachelors in Theatre and a minor in Dance. While there, she performed in works by Chicago based choreographers including Jeff Hancock, Joel Valentin Martinez, and Maray Gutierrez.
Finding A Great Children's Modern Dance Class
Children's modern dance classes for your 8 to 12-year-old are hard to find, but if you do hear of one, how do you determine if it's a good class? What questions do you ask? Here is some tips.
- Look for non-competitive kid's modern dance classes where students friendly and your child will always feel welcome.
- You want a class where the teacher understands that the pace of the class has to be good for your child.
- The modern dance studio must have a specially designed 'sprung' wood floors that 'give' to protect their feet and ankles. Avoid studios with regular wood floors and heaven to bid, run away from dance studios with concrete floors.
- Seek out a school with accommodating policies like a 100% money back guarantee if you don't like your class for any reason.
- Most importantly look for dance schools that have expert modern dance teachers who will give your child personalized attention and they will progress faster.
We wrote a quick read guide: 10 Top Questions to Ask A Dance School-Before You Give Them Your Money. It's FREE here.
Safe From Ridicule
"In our non-competitive kid's modern dance classes, students are safe from snickering and ridicule. Our students feel safe, try new things, take risks and learn how to succeed."
Join our mailing list to get new class announcements & helpful dance tips here.
Enter your text here...