"Children learn how to strive for excellence when placed in a dance studio with like-minded students." E. Chayer
Junior Ballet Classes: All About Ours
All of our Ballet classes include barre, center, stretching, adagio and allegro work. We focus on clean execution and both a physical and intellectual understanding of how and why each movement is executed.
Junior Ballet Class Attire
Attire: available at Center Stage Capezio 5261 University Way NE, Seattle WA 98115 (527-4697) or check our swap box.
Children’s Beginning Ballet School Year Attire:
Girls wear short sleeve cotton leotard (Bloch style CL 5402) in Pastel Blue, pink tights, and pink Ballet slippers. Hair must be pulled back in a bun if it will fit. If short, it should be pulled back off the face.
Boys wear black tights, white T-Shirt and black or white Ballet slippers.
Junior Ballet Attire:
Girls wear cotton tank leotard (Bloch style # 5405) in black, pink tights and pink Ballet slippers. Hair must be pulled back in a bun if it will fit. If short, it should be pulled back off the face.Boys wear black tights, white T-Shirt and black or white Ballet slippers.
SUMMER SESSION DRESS CODE:
Children can wear any leotard they already own and then purchase the appropriate style leotard when they register for classes in the fall. If it is hot, children are not required to wear tights or may wear their leotard with bike shorts.
Junior Ballet: You're looking for children's junior ballet dance classes in Seattle for ages 10-14. How do you find a great school? What questions should you ask? Here is some advice.
- Seek out non-competitive kid's ballet dance classes where everyone is friendly and your child will always feel welcome.
- Look for a ballet class where the teacher understands that the pace of the class has to be good for your child.
- Insist on a ballet dance studio with specially designed 'sprung' wood floors that 'give' to protect their feet and ankles. Avoid studios with regular wood floors and heaven to bid, run away from dance studios with concrete floors.
- And find ballet schools with accommodating school policies like a 100% money back guarantee if you don't like your class for any reason.
- Chemical free, clean, bright studios, sunlit, if possible.
- Most importantly look for a school that has expert ballet dance teachers who know how to give your child personalized attention so they will progress faster.
We wrote a quick read guide: 10 Top Questions to Ask A Dance School-Before You Give Them Your Money. It's FREE here.
Children & Competitive Schools
"Children have yet to develop a healthy perspective
competition. We question the value of competition for young children. To protect sprouting self-images, we encourage students to first discover their 'own best self', not to compare themselves to others who may have more or less natural ability." for
Founder, Director American Dance Institute
Join our mailing list to get new class announcements & helpful dance tips here.
American Dance Institute Jr. Ballet Class Seattle
The teaching is upbeat, fun and encouraging!
Former ADI Parent