Our hip hop classes for kids performing during the PhinneyWood Art Walk Event.
For kids ages 5-7 please see our Hip Hop classes for Kids.
Hip Hop Classes For Kids
Movement, Improvisation & Fitness For Ages 8-14
Hip Hop Classes For Kids: Develops amazing core strength.
Hip hop classes for kids class starts with a thorough warm up, then shifts to strengthening the core muscles necessary for body control and proper technique. Later in class, we introduce the latest funk and hip-hop moves, followed by lots of choreography to develop the expressive abilities of the dancers. It's hard work and your child will receive a goo workout. All they know is that they are having fun.
Hip Hop Classes For Kids: Not a fad, a serious fitness art form.
Hip-Hop Dance is easy to dismiss as just the latest fad dance style but it started in the 1960's and it's still here today so, it's no fad. Kids Hip-Hop dancing is fast entering the mainstream dance culture. If your child wants to learn hip hop dance, we will teach them the best elements of this very fun, stylish and 'hip' dance style. (sorry :)
And of course, we play only clean music selections that are always family friendly.
Hip-Hop Class For Kids: Class Attire
In our kids hip hop dance class, comfortable dance attire or loose fitting clothes can be worn. Dance sneakers or clean street sneakers that are only worn inside can be worn.
You're only two feet away...
Meet Your Kids Hip-Hop Dance Teacher
"Just as in the best schools, the quality of the hip hop teacher determines the quality of your child's class experience."
Moira studied with Emmy award winning Choreographers Tabbitha & Napoleon and Luther Brown of the hit TV show: So You Think You Can Dance.
Instructor Abby Zimmerman is new to our teaching staff. She holds a B.F.A. from Cornish College of the Arts, Seattle, WA and is a certified pilates mat instructor.
Originally from Fort Collins, CO, Margaret holds a BFA in Dance and a Minor in Women & Gender Studies from the University of Colorado Boulder.
Moira Bugler's Kids Hip-Hop Dance Class won a best in show trophy for Hip Hop dancing & drill routines in the 2016 Greenwood Seafair Parade!
Finding Great Kids Hip-Hop Dance Classes
You're looking for Kids Hip-Hop classes for your 7-14-year-old. How do you find a great class? What questions do you ask? Here is some advice. Here is some advice:
- Try to find non-competitive kids dance classes where everyone is friendly and your child will always feel welcome.
- Look for a dance class where the teacher understands that the pace of the class has to be good for your child.
- Insist on hip hop studios with specially designed 'sprung' dance floors that 'give' to protect kid's feet and ankles. Avoid studios with regular wood floors and heaven tobid, run, run away from dance studios with concrete floors.
- Look for accommodating dance school policies like a 100% money back guarantee if you don't like your class for any reason.
- Most importantly look for a school that has expert hip-hop dance teachers who know how to give your child personalized attention so they will progress faster.
We wrote a quick read guide: 10 Top Questions to Ask A Dance School-Before You Give Them Your Money. It's FREE here.
Safe From Ridicule
"In our non-competitive hip hop for kids classes, students are safe from ridicule and snickering. In this environment, your child will try harder, take risks, learn faster and succeed."
Join our mailing list to get new class announcements & helpful dance tips here.
Enter your text here...
Enter your text here...