About Our Kid's Flamenco Class
Kid's 'Fiesta Style' Flamenco
Flamenco classes for ages 8-12: Kids can now learn the beautiful art of Flamenco dance, music and culture. Our instructor bring a wealth of experience both as instructor and performer.
Through this fun and exciting Spanish art form, Flamenco students will learn discipline, coordination, problem solving, musicality, team work and confidence as they explore simple and complex rhythms, footwork, upper body techniques, isolations and the basic patterns, posture and compás (rhythm) incorporated into both choreography and participatory Flamenco.
Kid's Flamenco: Meet Your Teacher
Michaelene De La Serna
Michaelene De La Serna studied flamenco dance intensively for many years with Flamenco Chicago Artistic Director Ms. Rosetta Magdalen. She has also studied with flamenco greats Carmela Greco and Marija Temo. In addition to teaching adults, Michaelene was the Director of the Flamenco Kids Program at Flamenco Chicago and worked as an Artist-in Residence/Flamenco Teacher for Ensemble Español Center for Spanish Dance and Music’s “Bailamos” Arts Education Residency Programs.
Kid's Flamenco Class Notes
Girls: Wear leotard or shirt, full skirt and flamenco shoes;
Boys: Wear dance pants, shirt and flamenco shoes.
Attire is available at:
Centerstage Capezio 5261 University NE. (527-4697),
www.flamencoexport.com: Has dresses, skirts , shoes, etc and very good prices .
PetitCoat Junction: 14523 WA-99 #1, Lynnwood, WA 98087 for skirts also. 425-743-9513
Finding Children's Flamenco Dance Classes
You're looking for children's flamenco dance classes for your 8-12-year-old but how do you find a good class? What questions do you ask? Here is some advice.
- Insist on non-competitive kid's Flamenco dance classes where everyone is friendly and your child will always feel welcome.
- Find a class where the Flamenco teacher understands that the pace of the class has to be good for your child.
- A must have are Flamenco dance studios with specially designed 'sprung' wood floors that 'give' to protect your child's feet and ankles. Avoid studios with regular wood floors and heaven to bid, run away from dance studios with concrete floors.
- Look for accommodating school policies like a 100% money back guarantee if you don't like your class for any reason. Look for clean, bright sunlit studios.
- Most importantly look for a school that has expert dance teachers who know how to give your child personalized attention so they will progress faster.
We wrote a quick read guide: 10 Top Questions to Ask A Dance School-Before You Give Them Your Money. It's FREE here.
Join our mailing list and get new class announcements here.