Dance teacher, Maia Nowack, leads a Ballet class for kids ages 5-7. Also known as pre ballet.
Ballet Classes for Kids
* Our ballet class for kids ages 5-7 or pre-ballet, continues working on all the elements of our Creative Dance class series, but also introduces the basic ballet positions and preparatory steps.
* Kids ballet classes focus more attention on ballet etiquett, terminology, musicality, and phrasing.
* Progressing levels of our pre-ballet program gradually increase the emphasis on ballet technique, building the grace, poise, and strength required to execute the more demanding technical work in our ballet program.
* Beginning students start in Pre-Ballet I. Promotion to levels II and III is by instructor recommendation.
Ballet Classes For Kids Schedule
Ballet Classes For Kids
Friday, 3:10-4:00PM, Ines Andrade, Studio #2
Saturday, 9:00-9:50AM, Alyssa Brillinger, Studio #2 - FULL (please inquire to be added to the wait list)
Pre-Ballet II & III
Prerequisite Pre-Ballet I or instructor's permission.
Sunday, 9:55-10:50AM, Abby Zimmerman, Studio #1
Kid's Ballet Classes
Monday, 5:40-6:30PM, Margaret Behm
Wednesday, 3:40-4:30PM, Amy Beck
Ballet Classes For Kids Class Registration
Winter-Spring Registration Begins Jan 3, 2017
Kid's Ballet Studio Locations Here
You're only two feet away...
Ki's Ballet Classes Ages 5-7
Kid's Ballet Classes: How to Recognize An Excellent School
You're looking for Kid's Ballet dance classes, but how do you find an excellent Ballet dance school? What questions do you ask? Here is some seasoned advice.
- Children, ages 5-7, should not start formal ballet training until they are nearing eight years of age. Little 5-7 year old bodies are not ready for the strenuous demands of formal ballet training. Your child can start building a ballet foundation in our pre-ballet classes.
- Look for a non-competitive ballet school. Competitive ballet schools have their place but not with very young children. Little kids do are not ready for competition. And in our non-competitive school, students, staff and parents are all friendlier, less stressed, and more relaxed.
- Find a kid's ballet class where the teacher understands that the pace of the class has to be good for your child. Look for a dance studio with specially designed 'sprung' floors that 'give' to protect little feet and ankles. Avoid dance studios with regular wood floors and heaven forbid mat or linoleum-covered concrete floors.
- Seek out ballet dance schools with accommodating customer policies like a 100% money back guarantee if you don't like your class for any reason. Look for clean, bright sunlit dance studios.
- And look for a school that has expert ballet teachers who will give your child personalized attention and they will progress quickly and safely.
We wrote a quick read guide: 10 Top Questions to Ask A Dance School-Before You Give Them Your Money. It's FREE here.
Join our mailing list to get new class announcements & helpful dance tips here.
Kid's Ballet: Meet Your Teachers
"Just as in the best schools, the quality of the dance school teacher makes all the difference."
Kids Ballet Classes Ages 5-7
* Ballet Girls wear short sleeve cotton leotard (Bloch Style #CL5402) in light pink, pink tights and pink Ballet slippers.
* Hair should be pulled back in a bun if it will fit. If short, it should be pulled back off the face.
* Ballet Boys wear black dance pants or sweats, white T-shirt, white or black ballet slippers black tap shoes.
* Attire is available at Centerstage Capezio 5261 University NE. (527-4697) Or check our swap box.
Join our mailing list and get new class announcements here.