Ballet classes for kids and Tap dance combined at American Dance Institute Seattle with studios in Greenwood and Magnolia.
In addition to the classes on this page, American Dance Institute also offers tap dance lessons for adults, teen tap classes, kid's tap dance classes for ages 8-10. American Dance Institute offers a comprehensive selection of children's ballet and taps dance classes for ages 5-7, kids ballet classes for ages 8-10, kid's ballet classes for ages 11-14, ballet lessons for Teenagers, and ballet classes for adults.
How to find an excellent combo ballet tap dance class?
Here is some excellent advice.
- Look for non-competitive ballet and tap dance classes where everyone is friendly and your child will always feel welcome.
- Look for a class where the teacher understands that the pace of the class has to be good for your child.
- Look for dance studios with specially designed 'sprung' wood floors that 'give' to protect their feet and ankles. Avoid studios with regular wood floors and heaven to bid, run away from dance studios with concrete floors.
- Look for accommodating school policies like a 100% money back guarantee if you don't like your class for any reason. Look for clean, bright sunlit studios.
- Most importantly look for a school that has expert dance teachers who know how to give your child personalized attention so they will progress faster.
Fall Ballet Tap Dance Class Schedule
September 18, 2017 - February 4, 2018
8001 Greenwood Ave N, Seattle 98103
Pre-Ballet/Tap Combo I
Ages 5-7 (Please note ages cutoff date is August 31)
Friday, 4:00-4:50PM, Ines Andrade, Studio #2
Saturday, 9:55-10:45AM, Amy Beck, Studio #1
3116 West Smith Street, Seattle 98199 (formerly Roseanne's School of Dance building)
There are currently no Pre-Ballet/Tap classes running at our Magnolia location. Check out a Pre-Ballet class instead!
The Fall Session Starts September 18.
Girls wear short sleeve cotton leotard (Bloch Style #CL5402) in light pink, pink tights, pink Ballet slippers, and black tap shoes.
Boys wear black tights and white T shirt, black or white Ballet slippers, and black tap shoes.
Note: Please get tap shoes with an elastic tie to facilitate the changing of foot wear.
Children & Competition
"Young children do not understand competition. We encourage students to first discover their 'best self' and not to compare themselves to others who may have more or less natural ability."
Join our mailing list to get new class announcements & helpful dance tips here.
"Just as in any great school, the quality of your child's dance instructor makes all the difference."
In 1991, at the age of 4 began dancing with American Dance Institute. She participated in and taught dance classes while she attended the University of Portland. She is now pursuing a Master of Arts in Teaching.
She holds a B.F.A. from Cornish College of the Arts, Seattle, WA and is a certified pilates mat instructor. Abigail has performed with 127th St. Dance, and has danced at the Astoria Music Festival on multiple occasions. She has performed works by local Seattle choreographers.
Maia was graduated suma cum laude with a Bachelors in Theatre and a minor in Dance. Northwestern University in Evanston, Ill. While there, she performed in works by Chicago based choreographers including Jeff Hancock, Joel Valentin Martinez, and Maray Gutierrez.
Coming Soon Instructor Dakota Crist