Ballet classes for kids and Tap dance combined at American Dance Institute Seattle with studios in Greenwood and Magnolia.
2017 Winter Spring Class Schedule
February 6 - June 18, 2017
8001 Greenwood Ave N, Seattle 98103
Pre-Ballet/Tap Combo I
New Students ages 5-7
Mondays 2:45-3:35pm, Maia Nowack, Studio #2
Saturdays 10:25-11:15am, Amy Beck, Studio #1
Pre-Ballet/Tap Combo Ib
Returning Students ages 5-7
Fridays 4:10-5:00pm Ines Andrade, Studio #2
Pre-Ballet/Tap Combo II/III
Monday 3:40-4:40pm, Maia Nowack, Studio #2
3116 West Smith Street, Seattle 98199 (formerly Roseanne's School of Dance building)
Pre- Ballet /Tap Combo
Monday, 3:30-4:20PM, Margaret Behm
Wednesday, 5:50-6:40PM, Alyssa Brillinger
Saturday, 11:50-12:40PM, Maia Nowack
Winter-Spring Registration Begins Jan 3, 2017
Girls wear short sleeve cotton leotard (Bloch Style #CL5402) in light pink, pink tights, pink Ballet slippers, and black tap shoes.
Boys wear black tights and white T shirt, black or white Ballet slippers, and black tap shoes.
Note: Please get tap shoes with an elastic tie to facilitate the changing of foot wear.
You're looking for fun and or exploratory dance classes for your 5-7-year-old. Consider combination tap & ballet dance classes. Kids love them and you get to test where their interests lie. Next up is how to find an excellent dance class. What do you look for and what questions do you ask? Here is some advice.
- Look for non-competitive dance classes where everyone is friendly and your child will always feel welcome.
- Look for a class where the teacher understands that the pace of the class has to be good for your child.
- Look for dance studios with specially designed 'sprung' wood floors that 'give' to protect their feet and ankles. Avoid studios with regular wood floors and heaven to bid, run away from dance studios with concrete floors.
- Look for accommodating school policies like a 100% money back guarantee if you don't like your class for any reason. Look for clean, bright sunlit studios.
- Most importantly look for a school that has expert dance teachers who know how to give your child personalized attention so they will progress faster.
We wrote a quick read guide: 10 Top Questions to Ask A Dance School-Before You Give Them Your Money. It's FREE here.
Children & Competition
"Young children do not understand competition. We encourage students to first discover their 'best self' and not to compare themselves to others who may have more or less natural ability."
Join our mailing list to get new class announcements & helpful dance tips here.
"Just as in any great school, the quality of your child's dance instructor makes all the difference."
Maia was graduated suma cum laude with a Bachelors in Theatre and a minor in Dance. Northwestern University in Evanston, Ill. While there, she performed in works by Chicago based choreographers including Jeff Hancock, Joel Valentin Martinez, and Maray Gutierrez.