Instructor Encarnación “La Paloma”
On 8 customer reviews
- "Very talented dancer and great instructor"Leanne S.
- "Passionate, dynamic, personable, nice choreography" Evelina G.
- "Encarna is very talented flamenco dancer. She knows the diversity of flamenco as an art form, and shares that knowledge to her students. She is kind, inspiring and encouraging during classes. She takes care of her students very well." Jerelyn S.
- She's a great teacher and a fabulous role model. Parisa R.
- "She's patient, supportive and has a great sense of humor and I love to watch her dance!" Werner
- "Even though I've only taken a few classes of Beginner Flamenco until an injury made me give up, I will be looking forward to take her class again soon. Encarna is truly a professional and love her instructions." Elizabeth C.
- Consistently Excellent 5 star. Anonymous
- Consistently excellent 5 stars Anonymous
Encarnación “La Paloma”
Encarnación was born in Barcelona to a family of exiles from the Spanish Civil war and lived between Barcelona and Mexico City most of her life. Still, her family kept her immersed in flamenco music.
Encarnación is well versed in the art of flamenco. With the ability to dance, sing, and play guitar; her talents give her a unique edge as a flamenco artist. A one of a kind performer, she entrances audiences everywhere with her grace, depth, musicality and intense energy.
As a core member of Children of the Revolution, she released 6 CDs, and performed to packed houses at the Paramount, Benaroya Hall, Meany Hall, St. Michelle Winery, Summer Nights series, The Triple Door and Kirkland Performance Center. She has toured around the world including co-headlining the World’s Guitar Festival along with Manuel Barrueco in Quebec.
She has continued this success with her touring company “Flamenco de Raiz” with husband/flamenco guitarist,/producer Eric Jaeger “El Comanche”. FDR has toured with such prestigious artists as Rafael de Utrera, Sergio Martínez, Juanma “El Negro”, Jesús Montoya, José Cortés and Manuel Guiterrez. She released a live CD with Rafael and Juanma in 2011, and hit #1 on the Amazon flamenco charts in 2015 with the single “Rumba al Maestro”. FDR is known for their world class theatrical productions that capture the essence of traditional flamenco while pushing the boundaries forward with original compositions and production numbers.
Encarnación returns to Spain every year with Eric to connect with her flamenco roots, and with her friends and family in Sevilla and Barcelona.